Beauty in the Breakdown

Beauty in the Breakdown

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's been a while.

The past month or so has really proven to be a learning experience. There have been many ups and downs and changes occurring. For one, I have been struggling on knowing what I really want to do with my life. I haven't been excited about much, especially not my missions work. Thankfully however, about this time last week, I was riding in my car to work and was singing a song in my car (as loud as possible) and all the sudden this overwhelming peace overwhelmed me. I suddenly knew that Missions was what I truly desired to do. That I was doing the right thing and that I didn't need to change majors, school, or anything else to find my place. I began to get excited about my summer trip to Brazil, which I had been dreading due to personal reasons with other people, and was able to put those problems aside.
On top of my excitement of this summer, I have chosen to follow God's direction into doing Old School, which is an outdoor leadership/ discipleship ministry, where i will be hiking, climbing, kayaking, biking, and caving, for three months. I will start in North Carolina and end up in Central America. (I will attach a link so you can find more information) Through this I can receive a minor in Outdoor Leadership and it is a wonderful opportunity to be discipled in Gods creation. I cant wait!

All of this amazing stuff is beginning to occur in my life, but do not be fooled. There are a lot of underlying issues that are creating heavy stress on my life. All have to do with certain people who have impacted my life in tremendous ways, and most of them were not good. Its almost like once i can honestly be thankful for the pain i went through, they pop right back up for more. I am scared out of my mind right now of being hurt again. I'm not sure how to handle some situations that are very rapidly approaching. Part of me knows to trust God and that there is a reason for the pain of the past and the promise of the future. I have no idea what is to come or how things will play out. But as i said, I am very apprehensive to find out. My fear is overwhelming right now. I made myself sick last night thinking about the possibilities of what is to come. I am headed home in just a matter of days and the events of spring break this year are not looking very promising. I am praying that God will calm my heart and give me a peace about the situations about to occur just like he has about my missions.

class is over. Be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment